Sadly, Andrew and I couldn't make it to everything because of trying to getting our car licensed in Utah and miserably failing. Luckily, my parents were able to help us out on Friday by loaning us there car. So we made it to LaBretta's and Cory's Open House! We couldn't make it to their wedding in March so we were really excited to make it to this.
at the open house...
Later that day we spent some time with Blake and Lynn before heading off to stay somewhere in Pleasant Grove for the night. We stayed with Andrew's Dad's cousin up there since we all needed to have an early start on Saturday.
So Saturday finally rolled around and it was quite the adventures. We started the day with family pictures. Did I mention that it is Spring in Utah?!? Meaning it snowed out of the blue. Like, it was pouring snow and those dippin dots. Sort of miserable since we were all in Spring attire and in short sleeves.
Andrew and I driving in the Snow
We only have one done for now but here is a sneak peek into the photos. Andrew and I will finally have some professional couple pictures...
The Anderson Family finished photo!
The aftermath of coming back with Lynn's and LaBretta's husbands (Blake and Cory) shaving their heads. I guess the sons are becoming more like their dad :D
After, all of us...the couples, the parents, the girls, Aunt LaBretta, Uncle Ryan, and their kids all headed to Salt Lake. We went to the Salt Lake City Temple! This was my first time and it was amazing. It was a few hours that Andrew and I really needed. Just a beautiful and spiritual experience. After the temple we had the opportunity to visit the Conference Center nearby. I was the only one in the group who had never been inside and everybody willingly shared this experience with me. We then went back to the visitor's center to meet the girls (Andrew's sisters) and the kids. I even got to see Michelle, from the my freshman year of XC, who is serving her mission at the Visitors' Center!!!
Our view of the temple
The inside of the Conference Center
We all left together and headed to Mayan's down near Lehi. The restaurant was dinner and a show. It is pretty popular around the area and the kids had a great time!
The Menu
The couples' side
The "Mayan" entertainer who scared my mother-in-law! haha
Us having a fun time on our date!
Overall it was a great weekend. With us moving to Minot we aren't planning on coming down to see family anytime soon. We don't see anyway of getting out of the snow! But, this provided us with a great opportunity to spend time with the Anderson family and have a great time!
~The Andersons


No comments:
Post a Comment