Never, ever, before coming to North Dakota did I ever believe I would go to its capital. I mean honestly not many people are like "man, I think some day I am going to visit the capital of North Dakota"...I certainly didn't. Yet there I was in the capital city. Honestly it is not that much bigger than Minot, maybe a few more shops and restaurants. Andrew actually had something planned out of what we were going to do before hand. We got there and literally everything big was closed, Lewis and Clark Riverboat and the zoo because of the flooding. We picked the wrong weekend to go down there. So, besides that we didn't know what else to do. I went online to see what else there was to do...I found out about the cultural center near the state capital building.
I wish I had taken a picture because it is probably the worst capital building I had ever seen...but the cultural center was actually really fun! Surprisingly, it made for a fun day. I even learned about the Walleye- this is a fish.
I had to put this picture in because if you look in the background there is a buffalo statue. Pretty much what North Dakota was known for (yes buffalo and wheat are on the state license plates).
But other than that we couldn't find anything else. Until we just decided to see where the zoo was a found a mini park. In the park was like an amusement park or fair or something. I was very kiddie but we decided to have fun anyways. Turned out to be pretty awesome!
This slide ended up being the best part!
The kiddie roller coaster. Very much worth it
Us on the Ferris wheel which we rode forever since nobody else was in line...
Here are some other random pics from our trip.......
Last but not least were the present we gave to each other. Some were silly but others very thoughtful!
The card I got him. Something about of all the fish in the sea I am glad I hooked up with you haha
He wasn't too happy about it so he showed me his nose.
A classic Andrew face. He was VERY excited about his new game
Overall what could have been an extremely lame vacation ended up being a very fun weekend. I guess attitude really is everything.
Love,
The Andersons
No comments:
Post a Comment