Today was a pretty crazy awesome day. We were told last night that we were speaking Sunday (today). So with barely anytime to prepare we gave pretty amazing talks if I do say so myself. But what made it even crazier were our roles today in church! One of Andrew's calling in church is over the CTR 4 class. He has about 8 kids and the other teacher has only shown up once to help teach. Meaning he is in there all by himself. But, last night I was also asked to help out in nursery for today. No big deal only 15 kids under the age of 3. haha Yeah it was crazy fun. Who would have known all the things you can learn from little kiddos?
Anyways, for this blog post I wanted to share some of the little treasures in our house. We moved into the house the middle of July but I still feel like we are setting up. But first things first...
We have grass!
When we first moved in everything was under construction still. It was all dirt and looked very uneven. So they just put down seed and ta-da! Grass over night (ok it took a little longer than that). They have a contract for about a year where they do everything to make our yard look nice. They even added planters and our very own tree.
Obviously no real growth yet:)
The other pictures I am going to show you are merely little add ins that I have found overtime to make our house more of a home. As you can see it is a bit of a tropical theme, perhaps to create our very own sanctuary when we hit the true North Dakota weather!
Our couch we bought and brought from Utah:)
The little side table
Just an accessory for the dinning room I bought at a base garage sale! 25cents for the new Chinese lanterns not too shabby
Our little set up in our ikea furniture! I made the picture frame display!
A new painting just given to us from someone moving out
The best new furniture of all is a TV! We do have an old TV my parents gave us, which we were very thankful for, but we did plan on getting a new one during Black Friday. But Andrew works with someone recently going through a divorce and is getting rid of all his stuff. So....drum roll please....we just got a 2009 flat screen 42 in TV for $100. That painting was thrown in as well. Got to love living on base you get awesome deals!
Andrew very happy with his new television!
That's all for now for now folks. Although,we are officially going to Iowa for Thanksgiving and Utah for Christmas and couldn't be more excited! Where better to spend such major holidays than with family. We feel we have been truly blessed lately and just know things are finally falling into place.
Love,
The Andersons
YAY UTAH FOR CHRISTMAS!
ReplyDelete