Yesterday was an incredibly hard day for my family. After a long battle, my uncle John passed away. The initial shock was something unfathomable. My mom was on a flight over there when the battle ended. She didn't make it in time. What hurts me the most is I wasn't able to say goodbye either. What an amazing uncle he was. I just hoped he knew how much I loved him. I was so blessed that Andrew went into the Air Force and his graduation allowed me to visit my family in San Antonio. At least I will have those memories always. I just wanted to dedicate this particular post to my uncle john who passed away November 8, 2011.
One memory I will always have of my uncle john is one I will always treasure. Just under 4 years ago all of my mom's side of the family was able to go on a cruise together! Amazing I know. What a special time it was for my family. But the memory I have to share is of the arcade on the cruise ship. It took many quarters and time but my uncle john and I beat the Jurassic Park game together. Like, we actually beat the whole game in the arcade!
It was also because of my Uncle John that I was able to participate in the stingray excursion. What a special experience I will never forget.
My uncle john will be very missed. Something I felt we connected on was our love of travel and culture. Something I always loved about my Uncle John and Aunt Jenny is that I was able to talk to them about this. I love art, travel, and experiencing life. Going to Romania even furthered that.
His passing is one still very hard for me. He left many people behind who loved him. His parents, 2 sisters and a brother. His wife, my aunt jenny, who is one of the strongest people I know! And his young son Rhys. All of his family and friends knew what a special person he was.
As hard as it is to say goodbye to someone very much loved, he has someone just as special as he was waiting for him. My cousin Brittney. I know at this moment my uncle John and cousin Brittney are in eachothers' arms, finally reunited.
How grateful I am to know how merciful our father in heaven is. He sent His son, my lord and savior Jesus Christ to sacrifice himself that we might all return to Him. It is through Him that we have the opportunity to have eternal families and the opportunity for repentance. Knowing this truth has gotten me through the hard times. It is this truth, that will strengthen our family. We will see my uncle again today. I feel so sad knowing he his gone so prematurely but I know everything will be alright.
I love this song, it is one of farewell and hope we sang often as a goodbye in Hawaii. I wanted to share it for my Uncle John, until we meet again...
Aloha Oe
Ha`aheo ka ua i nâ pali
Ke nihi a`ela i ka nahele
E hahai (uhai) ana paha i ka liko
Pua `âhihi lehua o uka
Hui:
Aloha `oe, aloha `oe
E ke onaona noho i ka lipo
One fond embrace,
A ho`i a`e au
Until we meet again
`O ka hali`a aloha i hiki mai
Ke hone a`e nei i
Ku`u manawa
`O `oe nô ka`u ipo aloha
A loko e hana nei
Maopopo ku`u `ike i ka nani
Nâ pua rose o Maunawili
I laila hia`ia nâ manu
Miki`ala i ka nani o ka lipo
love it!! You will be missed Uncle John!!
ReplyDelete