Friday, April 12, 2013

Life in Limbo

I am pretty sure the title says it all.  Right now, I have been feeling like I am in some middle ground in my life where I am just waiting for something to happen.  As I even start to write this I know I sound crazy since the previous sentence would imply we have been doing nothing.  Which in fact is not true.  Let me back up and try to get my thoughts out like a normal person...

What have we been up to?  Well, things have just been crazy, as evidenced by (oh geez, the nursing lingo is already sticking) my lack of blog updates and really any "social media" connection updates.  But for starters I am still in school.  Less than a month until I finish my 2nd semester of nursing school.  I have just 3 more left including practicum!  But this is what I mean when I say it is life in Limbo.  Will I ever be able to say I am no longer in school?  It feels like forever!  I feel like our lives have revolved around schooling for me.  Not ever moving forward, just stuck in a state of just (if that even makes sense).

Andrew on the other hand is moving forward!  He just put on Senior Airman, meaning he upgraded in rank and has a little more respect and responsibility.  Though, still just an airman:)  He also won an award for airman of the quarter out of his whole squadron!  On top of all this he is taking a college English course to start his own schooling.  I feel so proud!  

To be honest I think most of my complaining, because honestly that is what this post is about haha, is I am getting antsy.  I never thought growing up in the military and now being a military wife would affect me so much.  But honestly, I think I am ready for a new adventure.  We have only been here in Minot, ND for 2 years and it seems like forever.  Don't get me wrong, this isn't the worst place in the world to live and like anywhere else you kind of have to "bloom where you are planted". 

 I still am just ready for something to happen Something to changeSomething to make me feel like we are moving forward! We have just kind of talked about Minot being a place of middle ground.  We are no longer newlyweds, but neither do we have kids.  I am not just starting school, but I am not finishing for another year.  

I have so much to do here and I have basically no time between church ( I am the YW Laurel Advisor now!), school (nursing school is just pure craziness), running (still obligated in Track), and of course being married to really complain about Life in Limbo.  Yet, here I am, anxiously waiting for something.  

The best I can describe my feelings. haha.  Enjoy:)

Love, 

The Andersons

No comments:

Post a Comment