Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Romantic Paris

Another travel update!  Hubby decided to surprise me with a trip starting July 24th.  I had been begging him to surprise with something for a while and with one of his co-workers having his girlfriend fly in I guess it was a good enough time as any to plan a trip together.  I honestly had no idea where exactly we were going (though I had my suspicions).  So, my guess was right and we ended up going to Paris!

On our way to the Luxembourg Airport, to pick up our final member for the vacation, Andrew had me guess and I guessed right!  We were doing two days at Disneyland Paris and another day in downtown Paris!  I was hoping we would go to Paris but Andrew had vowed to never go there after our last trip to Disney.  So I was pleasantly surprised he had changed his mind.  

So we drove to Disneyland Paris area (about 30 minutes train outside of downtown) where we were staying at someone's house.  It was actually awesome!  It was pretty cheap and was 3 bedrooms/2 bath about 15 minute walk to Disney and about 5 minutes from a huge mall (where we ate some pretty good meals).  

The couple we went with it was there first time to Disneyland Paris and our second.  I realize this is our second trip to Disney in less than a year.  However, you have to understand we are pretty much Disney nerds and it is like our "mothership" (especially Andrew) haha.  Plus it is typically cheaper to stay outside of Paris and take the train in (which we did).

Here are a couple of pictures from Disney (two days!):

It is still amazing the differences between the two parks. Because of the amount of British people who visit they have a pretty big Alice in Wonderland section. Of course they also have a unique Ratatouille section to the park.  



 Pretty excited to see the "Elsa" parade!

Knowing us they probably will see us soon haha

We still had lots of fun at Disney.  Andrew's favorite ride (which we rode twice) was Space Mountain 2 (a completely different version than the one at Disneyland).  Actually it is one of the unique rides that is better than their Disneyland counterpart.  

After Disneyland on Saturday we went to downtown Paris on Sunday.  It was surprising how much we were actually able to see in only one day! We took the train for the stop to Notre Dame.  It was amazing.  It is just as magnificent as I figured it would be.  The front part (from most of the pictures) doesn't quite do it justice. It extends way farther back.  We waited in line to go inside (which is free by the way).  It was really neat since they were also holding mass while we were there!

 Hard to see but it is a "Quasimodo" cafe ;P

 The side view


 The mass service

There are corridors on either side.  It is huge!

After Notre Dame we went to visit a couple other "main sites" of paris.  We ended up seeing Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysées avenue where the Tour de France was going on, the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre.  It was pretty incredible.  Here are some of my favorites of those pictures.  

 The arch of triumph
 Some of the bikers for the Tour de France!

 Our first peek of the tower while walking to it
 Eiffel tower in the background <3

 We got to experience first hand Paris' transportation system!
 Outside of The Louvre. It was pouring!
 Definitely going back, we barely scratched the surface!

Venus de Milo
Mona Lisa

I loved the Louvre!  There is still so much we didn't get to fit in but hopefully I can go back! And yes, we even got to see the Mona Lisa.  I am always grateful to have a tall hubby who can take clear pictures over a HUGE crowd of people!  It was so much fun and I can wait for all of the adventures we have coming up.

Love Always,

The Andersons

No comments:

Post a Comment