It is always hard to believe when one year ends and another begins. You finally realize "Hey, I am never getting this year back!". It is really gone for good. Did I accomplish all that I wanted? Do I have any regrets? Did I really try to make each day count?
The wonderful thing about not being perfect is there is always room for improvement:) But as for the year of 2011 it was pretty great. Full of change and a start of something new. Here is a quick year in review:
-I lived with my grandparents in Mtn. Home, AR while Andrew was in Ft. Leonardwood, MO
-We bought our 1st puppy whom we named Athena
-I flew with Athena to stay the rest of the time with my parents in March
-Andrew graduated from Tech School for the Air Force
-We got our orders and moved to Minot, ND
-We lived in an RV waiting for a house
-There was a record breaking flood in Minot
-Luckily, we got our first real place together, a beautiful 2 bedroom, 1 study, and 2 bath split level home on the Air Base, all in July
-I visited my Aunts in Iowa while Andrew had training in Florida for 2 weeks.
-We had our 1st Halloween together, and dressed up as nothing:)
-I had my 21st birthday (up at Spirit Lake Resort & Casino)
-Andrew turned 25
-We adopted our second dog, a calm beagle we named Maia ( My-uh)
-We got to spend Thanksgiving in Iowa
-We did Black Friday for the 1st time (on the bucket list) and got myself a netbook
-We got our own phone plan (I got an iphone)
-I started school at Minot State University and started running again
-We got a 42" TV for $100.
-We realized that the Lord truly sends us where we are meant to be
-I became a Nursery leader and Personal Progress Adviser
-Andrew teaches CTR 4 and is a cub scouts den Leader
-We had the blessing of visiting family from Dec. 17-Dec. 30 in Utah
-We started making a bucket list
-We started planning a graduation cruise
-Andrew and I had our 2 yr Anniversary
-My Uncle John passed away
-I grew to love my family even more
-I realized further the importance of family for Andrew and I
-We made it through 2011 together!
You always think nothing really exciting happens during certain years. Looking back that certainly isn't true. We had a great year and hope that this next year will be even better!
Us in 2011
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment