Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter 2012

What a unique Easter it was for us.  This Easter was the first time away from family!  Some how we have always been able to have Easter with my family who really made it special.  This year were weren't so lucky.

But you know what?  It was still fun!  The "Easter Bunny" came to our house this year too.  Here is what he brought us:


Here are all the Easter gifts :)
 He was very excited about the miracle whip (which I hate!)
my special basket
the Easter Bunny Also visited the dogs!

I realize this blog is a little late but it at least I finally had time to put it up.  Not too much has happened as far as updates.  I am finishing this semester, Andrew is still working, and we are planning a trip over the summer!  But more on that later ;)  Andrew is TDY in Grand Forks till Thursday so it is kind of sad for me without him. This Easter really put it into perspective that WE are actually a family.  While it is nice, we don't need to have every holiday with other family.  It will always be me and him so why not cherish every moment?

Speaking of perspective.  Easter is really more than the Easter Bunny I have come to understand.  Without kids the whole Easter Bunny part isn't as exciting.  We didn't have egg decorating or an egg hunt.  We just like having any excuse to get gifts for each other... 

I hope someday when we have little ones they learn about the real meaning of Easter.  It isn't about the commercial part but the remembrance of some who suffered for us.  

Here is a little link to the real meaning of Easter: He is Risen

Love,

The Andersons


No comments:

Post a Comment