Get ready for that awkward little topic called money. Things have gotten a little crazy the past couple of weeks. It is one of those things where things are going great and everything suddenly seems to pile up! You know what I am talking about?
Anyways... this post is dedicated to my little testimony about amazing having a budget can be. haha
So, at the beginning of the year I told Andrew we really needed to start a budget system for us. I had taken a finance class in college and wanted to put that knowledge to good use. Before January we had just been taking out our debit card whenever we needed or wanted something.
Ummm...yeah not a great idea. We were having problems and barely making it to each pay check. What was the deal? We really didn't have an excuse when I realized we could cover all our necessary bills and still had money left over for food, gas, and savings. I realized that we really needed a budget. Of course it worked! Instead of having problems or having no money at the end of the month things were finally turning around...
We knew exactly where all our money was going because we allotted a certain amount to each category (i.e bills, emergency fund, our personal spending fund, savings, food, vacation etc). I know money can be something embarrassing to talk about, but for us it is saving our little behinds right now!
We found out we had to get a lawn mower( immediately since the base has strict regulations), customized foot inserts, our big vacation in Utah coming up, and we were thinking of getting family pictures. These $$$ all came up within a weeks time, no joke.
Luckily, we had started our budget early and we already had a separate vacation fund. We had been saving, and the emergency fund and savings covered our lawn mower and foot inserts. We won't be able to do pictures for another month or so but at least we have the important things taken care of.
A lot of things came up, and it stinks seeing money go out the door, but at least we were prepared. Thus, this is why I have a testimony of budgeting:) We can save, pay our bills, and still do things that we want to without worrying pay check to pay check.
Love,

No comments:
Post a Comment