Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Best Bad Thing

Our moving experience Part I...

When I was younger I used to watch a Feature Films For Families movie called "The Best Bad Thing".  It was the story about a little girl who has to go help on a cucumber farm for the summer.  It seemed like everything kept going from bad to worse.  

Throughout the movie she constantly said something she had heard growing up, "All bad things come in 3's".

So here is our interesting move experience, in 3's

[Set 1]: The Call

  • we were told the day before school started (a Tuesday) there was a last minute opening to move down town on campus.
  • we had till noon that day to decide (which of course we said yes)
  • Andrew wasn't answering the phone till last minute to tell him about the news.
[Set 2]: Downsizing
  • I had to organize a garage sale ( a total nighmare) for that weekend
  •  I had to get rid of all my beanie babies
  • we had to find a new home for our washer&dryer, kitchen table, huge display case, old TVs, coffee table, and our baby puppy Athena :(
[Set 3]: Had to say goodbye to Athena 3 times :( :( :(
  •  First time they were allergic
  • Second time ended up being allergic
  • Third time was just two days before we had to move
[Set 4]: The Injury
  • Andrew had sprained his ankle the day before, the day before (crutches, a boot, the works)
  • Had to finish packing and cleaning by myself
  • Andrew sprained his right foot so I had to drive by myself back and forth (20min each way)
[Set 5]: The First Day
  • Our first day in new apartment their was a poweroutage for over 8hrs (we had to finally leave a sleep in sleeping bags at the old place).
  • I had to still do homework... and there was no internet
  •  Couldn't get a hold of anybody due to Labor Day weekend (of course!)
[Set 6]: As of Now
  • As of now we are still living out of boxes
  • Just got the internet working but need to set up a router to make anything else work
  • Just got told we failed our inspection for the old, base house.  Luckily the guy is giving Andrew 2hrs to pass it again.  

Whew! I think I got about everything.  I know that someday we will look back and laugh at the experience.  The wonderful thing about "The Best Bad Thing", is she realized in the end these 3 bad things weren't really bad to begin with.  They all turned out to be blessings...  I will let you know when I get to that point:) 

So to be continued... to Part 2 where I introduce you to this teeny place and let you all know the fabulous things that have come from living here!

For now, a sneak peek:



Love Always,

The Andersons


No comments:

Post a Comment