Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Where Has She Been?!? {Part 1}

Oh, dear.  It has happened again.  I have let this blog fall to shambles only to have the pieces picked up when I feel like writing (which let me tell you takes some serious motivation!).  Well in case you didn't notice I have been giving my blog a whole new face lift!  Thanks to the discovery of picmonkey through Pinterest I have found my motivation.  New design, new blogging purpose. 

My last post I talked about how we got our newest PCS assignment to Spangdahlem, Germany!  Now begins the story of what happened since. Be prepared for a long one!

During the Summer:

Summer was soooo amazing!  I was once again separated from Andrew to complete another nursing internship in the Emergency Room.  Yep.  I loved it! It really made me realize critical care nursing was where it is at for me.  But more on school later...

Together over the summer (2014) we did this...

First...


(Andrew won a $175 spa certificate-which he put to good use!)

 Some of that...

We also did a little of this...

And concluded with that...

As you can see we had a blast!  We started it the end of May when I had my "fake" graduation. It was a real graduation as Minot State University only has students walk in May and I was officially done until December.  But it was great to have Andrew there for it!  Literally as soon as graduation finished we drove down to Iowa as I would be starting my internship right after our cruise!  The next morning we flew out of Omaha and I gave Andrew his first "taste" of cruising...

We did a 4 day cruise from Orlando to the Bahamas.  Our ports included Freeport and Nassau.  We had an AMAZING time!  Andrew already wants to do another one and I can't say I blame him;)  We fulfilled several of our bucket list items on this alone.  The firsts being going on a cruise together and going to Atlantis.  Atlantis was by far our favorite part of the cruise.  I could write a whole post just on that place!  It was beautiful and we had a blast at the water park, especially tubing down the slide with sharks swimming all around!

After the cruise we had three days in Orlando until we had to fly out again.  We definitely made use of those days! It was crazy busy! We stayed at a hotel with a free shuttle to both Universal and the Sea World Parks.  It was perfect.  Our first full day we spent fulfilling an item on my bucket list by going to Universal Studios, specially Harry Potter World!  I would seriously go back just to spend my time there.  Sadly we went 2 weeks before they opened the second park connecting the two.  It was still a blast.  Butterbeer was seriously amazing, we have yet to find a recipe to recreate it. The following day we got to head to Sea World for free! We are so grateful they are one of the places with salutes to active duty military.  Someday we will have to go back to hit Disney world ( that will have to be a whole other trip!).  Overall it ended up being one of these epic vacations we talk about all the time.  Can't wait for another one!

Finally, we ended with a family trip in late June/early July after my internship.  My brother came home from his mission after serving 2 years in Guatemala.  This also happened to be the time my little sister (who had turned 8) was baptized.  So grateful we were able to be there for both events! We also got to visit some great friends of ours, Leticia and Vasu, and their new baby (our new nephew;)) Keanu! So cute!!! Right after we headed with my family to Yellowstone National Park.  I wish I had more pictures, but we stayed in a huge cabin and met up with a set of my grandparents, aunt and uncle and their two boys.  We thought it would be more of a "low-key" vacation but it definitely wasn't! There was two much to see:D What an amazing summer!

NEXT UP: My final semester of school, a visit to Germany, and what I have been up to since!

Love Always, 

the Andersons

No comments:

Post a Comment