Amazing. Bucket List. Snowy. Germany Fun.
I mean how else can I describe our Valentine's Day Adventure 2015?
So we booked everything and ended up spending two nights and having a two day lift pass in Feldburg, Germany. Instructions were minimal to say the least! We didn't have any lessons and it was a "ok, watch me do this" type of instruction and then us left to do our own thing. What better way can you learn snowboarding?!? Ha ha. It did end up being good for us! Practice really does make perfect so just getting out there, falling 100+ times, and just learning through experience is the way to go. We had tons of fun and traveled there in our car with us, three of Andrew's buddies, and the snowboards strapped to the top. Fun times!!!
We stayed two nights at a "hotel". Really it was definitely more of a bed and breakfast type place. The place had about 7 rooms and we were greeted by a hostess. She spoke very little English but she was super nice! It was pretty funny when we had to call her on the phone (since we were getting in late as we drove about 5 hrs. after they got off work)and hoped she understood what we were saying! But, I have to say...BEST BREAKFAST EVER!!! She had a whole spread for us ready by 0700 both mornings. I wish we had gotten a picture because there were eggs, fruits, fresh bread, cheeses, smoked meats, orange juice, and even peppers! Super yummy.
Outside of where we stayed.
Inside the hotel, house, place?
Our room...cute, right!
Then for the main dinner night there we pretty much drove around until I happened to spot a possible place down behind some trees in one of the villages we passed. Luckily it had the lights on or we would have missed it! This place even had English menus which made things much easier to order:) Very delicious as well. I had smoked trout with a cranberry spread and toast. Definitely ended up being the best dish:) Did I mention a delicious apple strudel for dessert? YUM.
By the end of the trip, well really after the first day, we were super sore (just like we were warned). Honestly it took quite a few days to get over feeling like we got hit by a train! By the second day of snowboarding we had already gotten better and even tried some new slopes (the first day we mostly were on the blue slopes). It was a fun group to go with I am glad we had someone to show us the "ropes" (luckily they had been there before). What a memorable trip it was! We are already planning another snowboarding trip! Can't wait to see what new adventures we try in the future. Snowboarding...check!
Love,
The Andersons











No comments:
Post a Comment