December (first half):
I was very sad to leave Andrew but I knew I still had things to accomplish by coming home December 9th. I had only a few short days to pack up all of the things I had to keep behind with me while I finished school. Yep. All of those heavy, heavy books! Ok, I actually just ended up mailing most of them:) But the moment I had been waiting for the past 5 semesters, and really of my time during school, had come. I was finally done with my bachelors!!!! Whoop, whoop! December 15th, 2014 marked the day I had my official pinning ceremony for nursing. My nursing class, which had become like a family, invited friends, family, and instructors to join us in celebrating our accomplishments and marking our entry into the nursing world by getting pinned by someone who has influenced us.
I had just one person able to come to my pinning ceremony. I couldn't think of a better person who I would want to pin me. My Aunt Karen made the trip all the way from Iowa just to come "pin me". I have always been close to my aunt but was able to grow even closer during my time in North Dakota so it meant so much she sacrificed to come up. She and my Aunt Cris have definitely been at the forefront of supporting me in becoming a nurse! But honestly, we had a blast during those days she came up! I feel so blessed. Here is a little of the fun we had and of her pinning me!
As you can see it was amazing! My Aunt Karen has always been such as strong influence in my life and someone who I really respect. So happy I had someone to share in such an amazing day, especially since the hubby couldn't be there!
December (second half):
December was so busy I had to split up the month! After my pinning ceremony I literally had just one day before I flew out the morning of the 17th to stay with family. It really was bittersweet to say goodbye to Minot. The place I initially was very, very resistant to go to was a place I didn't want to say goodbye to. We both really grew to love it. But, it was so much fun to be with my family for the time that I did! I really feel grateful it worked out the way it did.
What came next? Well...on December 29th I got to be a part of one of my best friend's wedding. Allison Mills, now Allison Muir was a beautiful bride and I am so happy I got to be there. Now you see why I put up with being away from my husband for so long? I would miss out on so much!
What did I say? Beautiful! Another one of my best friends, Jenepher, was also there (as a bridesmaid of course). Seriously so happy I got to see both of them and my family! I know the military is a lifestyle I fit well in, but that doesn't mean I don't miss the important people in my life constantly!
January-February:
Just a couple pictures of what my life was like during January. Yes, I realize the this one is one from Christmas, but I needed one to represent family time! haha. In reality most of January was spent studying. It was miserable and of course as the "hot mess" I am, I stressed about taking the NCLEX the whole time. Turned out it was just as hard as I thought it would be and the two days I had to wait for my results were sheer torture. But everything, all of the anxiety, studying, years of school, being away from home, spending less time with my husband, etc. was all worth it.
I passed! (In 75 questions I might add;) ) I am officially a registered nurse! I literally cried with happiness because it also meant I could now schedule a flight home. About a week after I took my test I came "home" to Germany. It had been about 12 weeks apart and I was so excited to see him.
February-March:
The end of my tale has come. I am in Germany. There has been ups and downs and adjustment has been hard. They saw it takes about six months here to finally feel adjusted to living here! The first month I was here was rough. I was missing my family and was frightened of the future. All of my classmates were out already with jobs and here I was sitting at home without a drivers license. By the way,getting a drivers license here is quite the process, but luckily I now have one! Yep. Had I made the right decision? I suppose I could have been more selfish and live by myself for a year and work. But, I put my trust in the Lord and knew we were sent to Spangdahlem for a reason. I had to put my faith in Him and believe things we happen in His time and in His way. Things really are finally falling into place:)
I was able to get through the first month since we were able to go home for my brother's wedding the begining of March! It was beautiful and so glad we got to be a part of it. We got to see my whole family. By whole family I mean a bunch of them! Grandparents (both sets), aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, siblings, in-laws. The whole clan almost! It was a blast...which almost didn't happen due to some space-a mishaps (aka they canceled several flights as we were about to board, ugh!).
The Beautiful Couple (courtesy of Lynn Anderson). Welcome to the family Lacey!
Anderson Family
The week of the wedding was crazy, crazy, crazy busy. Up until the end was just busy non-stop! But so happy we were with so much of my family and at least able to talk to them:D
The Hubby and I (love it!)
All I know right now is I love my husband, I miss my family, I am so excited for the new friends I have been meeting, I now know the potential in opportunities to come, and am ecstatic for the adventures that await for my little family!!!! Today, as I am writing, I coming out of the hoping and waiting for things to fall into place because they finally are (but more on that later!) Traveling, church, experiencing living in a new country, nursing, military life, and growing together are just some of things to come. "Where have I been" has concluded, so all of the next posts will be about what we have been doing in Germany!
Love Always,
The Andersons




No comments:
Post a Comment